Re: [Nmh-workers] rmmproc Not Used for Lots of Messages; refile Copies.

2012-11-25 19:54:31
On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Ken Hornstein <kenh@pobox.com> wrote:

I'm personally willing to write code to make it so if rmmproc exceeds
MAXARGS it will run rmmproc multiple times.

Or bail out and let the user do that manually?  Is this something
that people do often?  Personally, if I tried to rmm a large number
of messages, it would be a mistake.

Personally, bailing out seems wrong; I don't think the designers considered
the MAXARGS limit as a feature, but probably thought "no one would ever be
crazy enough to want to delete 1000 messages at once".  Yet here we are :-)

I've run into that issue many times over the years, so this isn't anything
new.  I just worked around it by deleting messages in groups of 1000 or
less.

Thanks

Jeff

--