Re: [Nmh-workers] rmmproc Not Used for Lots of Messages; refile Copies.

2012-11-25 20:47:56
when Junk gets too full, i have a shell script named "expunge"

#! /bin/sh

cd `mhpath +$1`
pwd
find . -print -delete

modify to taste

    -mo

On 11/25/12 7:15 PM, Jeffrey Honig wrote:
On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Ken Hornstein <kenh@pobox.com <mailto:kenh@pobox.com>> wrote:

    >> I'm personally willing to write code to make it so if rmmproc
    exceeds
    >> MAXARGS it will run rmmproc multiple times.
    >
    >Or bail out and let the user do that manually?  Is this something
    >that people do often?  Personally, if I tried to rmm a large number
    >of messages, it would be a mistake.

    Personally, bailing out seems wrong; I don't think the designers
    considered
    the MAXARGS limit as a feature, but probably thought "no one would
    ever be
    crazy enough to want to delete 1000 messages at once".  Yet here
    we are :-)

I've run into that issue many times over the years, so this isn't anything new. I just worked around it by deleting messages in groups of 1000 or less.

Thanks

Jeff

--
Jeffrey C. Honig <jch@honig.net <mailto:jch@honig.net>>