Re: [Nmh-workers] rmmproc Not Used for Lots of Messages; refile Copies.

2012-11-26 15:48:07

On 26 November 2012 at 16:42, Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu wrote:

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 09:55:42 -0600, David Levine said:
Ken wrote:

I'm personally willing to write code to make it so if rmmproc exceeds
MAXARGS it will run rmmproc multiple times.

Or bail out and let the user do that manually?  Is this something
that people do often?  Personally, if I tried to rmm a large number
of messages, it would be a mistake.

Anybody who subscribes to the Linux-kernel list is going to be
deleting about 700 messages a day.  So if you took a 3-day weekend
you can be looking at 2,000+ messages to delete.  exmh has some
special-case code that does it in chunks of 998 messages at a time.

Agreed.  Throughput and speed are two reasons that I use nmh and its
kin.  Just try to get speed and throughput with Yahoo, I dare ya.  ;-)

--
Kevin