Re: [Nmh-workers] m_getfld

2012-12-11 09:10:37
David Levine writes:
And Jon wrote:

# I would like any m_getfld replacement to have the ability to extract
# information about MIME message parts which means finding headers in
# the middle of bodies.  As per postings some years ago, I would like to
# add code for reading attachments that needs this feature.

I think that m_getfld should retain its current interface,
unless it needs to be fixed or can be tidied up to benefit
those 72 callers.  It should continue to spit out header
fields and a body.  Message parts should be provided by some
layer, with a more natural API, that's above it.

David

Well, I'm not too concerned about the exact API for this as long as it's
reasonably doable.  Just seems to me that m_getfld is already scanning
the message, and MIME has made it so that one has to scan further in order
to get all of the "headers".  So it seems like a natural place for it.

Jon