Re: [Nmh-workers] m_getfld

2012-12-16 09:42:30
Norm wrote:

Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:
Message parts should be provided by some
layer, with a more natural API, that's above it [m_getfld],

Then you might want to also consider bringing out the functionality of
that layer as a user accessible command or maybe a pair of commands
analogous to mhstore and mhlist.

Wouldn't it make more sense to switch mhstore and mhlist over to the
new
API?

--Ken

I don't know. I don't know that the new API looks like. Also, there
might be some difficulty, keeping  mhstore and mhlist upward compatible
with their older, less powerful, versions. This might adversely affect
the design of the new programs' interfaces.

My guess is that a new API would support maintaining the
existing mhstore and mhlist.  They currently have intermediate
layers, in mhlistsbr.c and mhstoresbr.c, that might even be
a good start for an API.  If not, they should be adaptable to one.

David