Re: [Nmh-workers] Responding to calendar requests

2013-04-24 19:19:59
    Date:        Wed, 24 Apr 2013 14:00:48 -0400
    From:        Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>

  | Your example doesn't need
  | to act on the contents of the messages; that makes a big difference.

No, that one didn't, but the earlier ones (from about 20 years ago, so
no surprise I don't still have them around) certainly did.

For sure, the generic MIME handling stuff should be in MH, but it doesn't
need anything that relates to specific content types (beyond understanding
multiparts).

  | So, this leads to some other questions; do people think a hypothetical
  | "replcal" program should just be a wrapper script?

I certainly do - just like processing any of a zillion other possible body
types.

  | I guess what I wondering
  | is - if you get a message with a calendar invitation in it, what would
  | you, as a user, _like_ to happen?

I type accept (or decline - or something similar) and that script
parses the current message, finds the ical part, and generates the
appropriate reply.

kre