Re: [Nmh-workers] Responding to calendar requests

2013-04-24 20:08:02

On 2013-04-24, at 8:36 AM, Ken Hornstein wrote:

But that's just the mechanics.  The mechanics aren't hard, if you use
awk, perl, python, ruby, whatever.  What I'm really wondering about is
the user interface issues.  In other words, is the user interface you're
imaging something like this? (message 100 contains our message with the
calendar entry):

Well, I was figuring you would probably want to save the invite as a reminder,
thus the save-to-file step.  Once it's in the file you can then do 'rsvp y|n
filename' where rsvp is the script that cracks the file picks out the return
address, and sends an appropriate yes/no reply message. Or have the script take
a message number and let it extract the invite attachment for you.

I can't image you receiving a message with more than one invite in it, so if
message 100 contains the invite, the rsvp script could accept a message number,
dig in to find the appropriate mime section, parse the reply address, and
compose/send an appropriate response.  E.g.  rsvp no 100.

And if you do think you might get more than one invite, extend the script to
accept sub-part identifiers:  rsvp yes 100.3

It might be a bit tedious to code up, but it's certainly not hard.

--lyndon