Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh 1.5 question

2013-06-08 12:07:38
On 7 June 2013 at 22:09, David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org>wrote:

Jerry wrote:

Recently, I was made aware that when I send a null body message, the
receiver winds up with a blank Subject: line and all the headers in the
body.

Can you provide more information?  What does the draft look
like, esp. near the bottom?  Or are you using mhmail?  The
mhmail in nmh 1.5 is busted.

David,

Using plain old 'comp' on the command line.  Throws me into 'vi' (as
specified in my ~/.mh_profile) and the resulting draft file looks like:

$ cat drafts/,2
To: heymanj(_at_)acm(_dot_)org
From: heymanj(_at_)bellsouth(_dot_)net
Subject: testing messages
--------
$

The number of headers in the final delivered email is quite impressive
as acm.org is just an email reflector, but all the stuff that yahoo.com
inserts (yahoo handles the email for AT&T) is rather impressive ...

The end result is that I receive an email from myself
(heymanj(_at_)bellsouth(_dot_)net)
with a blank Subject: line.  The text of the message is: