Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh 1.5 question

2013-06-08 13:14:24
I just tried to do this myself, and I got the expected result.  So I
am not sure this is nmh's fault.

To: heymanj(_at_)acm(_dot_)org
From: heymanj(_at_)bellsouth(_dot_)net
Subject: testing messages
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 12:49:34 -0400

So ... the _text_ of the message contains a Received: line?  That
suggests to me that nmh is _not_ at fault, because nmh will never add a

I am guessing by the headers of this message (which was your message
body) that you are using SMTP to submit to a copy of postfix running on
your local machine (either directly with smtp, or via running sendmail
-bs).  This suggests to me that the problem lies somewhere within the
local instance of Postfix.  You said that Mailx doesn't do the same thing,
but I suspect that the difference there is that it's feeding the message
to sendmail on standard input (sendmail -t) instead of speaking SMTP.

Now, as for solutions ... well, you could test to see if this is the problem
by setting up send/post to send to another server.  Or you could simply
replicate it by running /usr/sbin/sendmail -bs and doing SMTP yourself
with a hand-crafted message.