Re: [Nmh-workers] Weird behavior with non-ascii code in headers

2013-06-26 22:52:11
Sure, that would have been bad.  But if instead the invalid character
had been replaced by a ?, everything would have worked fine.

That doesn't remove the possibility, it just makes it very,
very unlikely.  If we're going to change something, we might
as well do it right.  And, we wouldn't have to advise users
to not use "?" in aliases.

Um, wait ... I'm confused.  How would it have _not_ completely removed
the problem?  In Valdis's case, the full header would be (after replacing
the "bad" character with a ?):

To: Mr Foo ? Bar <foo(_at_)bar(_dot_)com>

The email address would still be fully qualified, and aliases would never
be checked.  Am I missing something?

The spaces prevent it.  But if there weren't any and the
brackets were trash:

  To: MrFoo?Bar?foo(_at_)bar(_dot_)com?

I'll agree that no one should have an alias like that, but nmh
doesn't prevent it.

David