Re: [Nmh-workers] Weird behavior with non-ascii code in headers

2013-06-27 08:23:00
The spaces prevent it.  But if there weren't any and the
brackets were trash:

 To: MrFoo?Bar?foo(_at_)bar(_dot_)com?

Some experimenting leads me to believe that this _still_ would not
be accepted as an alias.  Specifically, the @ means it gets parsed
by the address parser and has a valid 'host' part so it doesn't get
processed by the alias parser.

To: MrFoo?Bar?foo?bar.com?

Also, I'm trying to come up with a scenario where this could
possibly be generated by anybody ... I can easily imagine Valdis's
scenario, but this one I am having trouble with.

It's Valdis's scenario plus replacing invalid characters with '?'.
As long as aliases allow '?', this can happen.

Unlikely, I'd agree, but we should prevent it.

I'm fine with having the address parser reject addresses that
contain 8-bit characters; it doesn't seem like that's changing much,
and it would happen well before format output processing would take
place.  We do not do that now.

So "reject addresses" would mean that the user gets an
error message, and the editor doesn't open the draft?

David