Re: [Nmh-workers] Weird behavior with non-ascii code in headers

2013-06-26 23:09:29
The spaces prevent it.  But if there weren't any and the
brackets were trash:

 To: MrFoo?Bar?foo(_at_)bar(_dot_)com?

Some experimenting leads me to believe that this _still_ would not be
accepted as an alias.  Specifically, the @ means it gets parsed by the
address parser and has a valid 'host' part so it doesn't get processed
by the alias parser.  Also, I'm trying to come up with a scenario where
this could possibly be generated by anybody ... I can easily imagine
Valdis's scenario, but this one I am having trouble with.

I'm fine with having the address parser reject addresses that contain 8-bit
characters; it doesn't seem like that's changing much, and it would happen
well before format output processing would take place.  We do not do
that now.