[Nmh-workers] base64 and text parts

2013-10-19 19:34:04
It is my reading of RFC 2046 that text parts should always represent line
breaks as CR LF.  And I believe that we get this wrong when the text is
encoded as base64.

While we will never encode text parts with base64 (although that might
change in the future), I also think we get them wrong on display or
storing.  Does everyone agree that text parts encoded in base64 should
be decoded and converted to Unix line conventions?  It looks like this
would be as simple as never outputting a CR when decoding a text part.