Re: [Nmh-workers] base64 and text parts

2013-10-20 10:55:26
Ken wrote:

While we will never encode text parts with base64
(although that might change in the future), I also think
we get them wrong on display or storing.  Does everyone
agree that text parts encoded in base64 should be decoded
and converted to Unix line conventions?  It looks like
this would be as simple as never outputting a CR when
decoding a text part.

I just tried viewing a text file with no CRs on Windows.  It
worked with "type", but "more" couldn't handle it:  it just
output a question mark for each line.  Cygwin tools mask
that behavior.

Should we care about that?  I think that a user would have to
really try to get into trouble.  But if we don't accomodate
them, we should note that in the documentation.

David