Re: [Nmh-workers] Features for 1.6

2013-10-22 11:27:30
Ken wrote:

[Norm wrote;}
In that perfect world, the conversion from quoted-printable
to straight text, would have to be done by inc.

I agree, and that's my world now.  But I use rcvstore via
procmail instead of inc.

Off the top of my head, my suggestion would be to create a shell
alias or function that calls inc and then mhfixmsg.  Maybe just:
inc && mhfixmsg cur-last

You could even name that alias/function "inc", by using where
necessary the full path to the inc program inside it.

It occurs to me that if that's really what you want, you
could cook up something with mhfixmsg and the add hook.

Well, mhfixmsg would need some light fixin' for that to work.
add-hook feeds the filename of the message file to the hook.
mhfixmsg, by default, expects message number(s).  I suppose it
could interpret full paths as filenames, instead.

Also, add-hook gets called from other places, such as mhstore
and refile.  It's OK to call mhfixmsg multiple times on a
message, so that wouldn't be a problem.  But it would be if you
have some messages that you didn't want to run through mhfixmsg.

David