Re: [Nmh-workers] Conflict between "mime" command and attach

2013-12-11 13:34:49
No, I don't always want MIME headers.  I'm old-fashioned and don't need
a kilobyte where 10 bytes will suffice.  I like nmh because text-plain is
good enough for most of what I do.

If you have a plain message, the only thing that gets changed is the following
headers get added:

I don't consider this a huge problem; what, exactly, is your beef with this?

This is why I suggested having some optional arguments on the attach header
and attach command.  And why I suggested a -check option to verify that
everything is OK before send.  Nobody complains about whom -check!

It's not clear to me what -check would be checking (also, it seems today
that whom -check is not so useful; I just gave it a bogus address and our
SMTP server said it was fine).