Re: [Nmh-workers] Conflict between "mime" command and attach

2013-12-15 10:09:51
ralph wrote:
Hi Ken,

Well, let me make this alternate proposal:

- "attach" adds Nmh-Attachment headers as per usual.  Maybe we'll add
something like: "attaching foo.pdf to message as application/pdf" so
the user can see what MIME type is being used (really, that's all I
care about).

- You can add or not add mhbuild directives to the message if you
want.

- If you add mhbuild directives, you can run "mime" (also, you can run
"mime" even if you don't). mhbuild will be in charge of processing
Nmh-Attachment headers.  If there are mhbuild directives, they get
added per usual; any content specified by Nmh-Attachment headers gets
appended to the message after all other content.  This is a
significant change to the _implementation_, but it feels like where
that functionality should belong.

i'm having trouble with the next two points:

- If you try to "attach" after a "mime", you get an error.

- send runs "mhbuild -auto -nodirectives".  "-auto" means, "don't
error out if there's a MIME-Version header, just don't process the
draft".  "-nodirectives" means "don't process directives".  But ...
Nmh-Attachment headers are still processed.

if "mhbuild -auto -nodirectives" can still process Nmh-Attachment
directives at this point, then why can't "attach" after a "mime" still
work?  couldn't running "attach" after a "mime" simply do
the same thing that makes the "send" case work?

paul

How does that look?  More code rework, but it feels better.  Also,
with this I think it actually accomplishes what you want (attach +
inspection).

Looks good.  I can't think of any problems at the moment.

Cheers, Ralph.