Re: [Nmh-workers] Conflict between "mime" command and attach

2013-12-16 04:43:57
Right now a user can sit down, compose a message that happens to contain
8-bit characters, and send it out ... and nmh will happily blast it out,
with no MIME headers at all.  This is super-wrong.  And it's not a
theoretical problem either:

  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2012-05/msg00141.html

Hear! Hear!

This is a very treacherous source of embarassment, because you may for
some time be unaware of the peculiar appearance of your outgoing e-mail. I
for one don't need my MUA to make me look stupid, I usually manage
unaided.

Just doing nothing is, unfortunately, not an option, not in this day
and age.  This is all about making nmh a real MIME-compliant MUA, which
I hope is something we all want.

This, at least, is what your humble user would very much like, as an
unfortunate speaker of one of those nasty non-7-bit languages seemingly
designed in response to the ASCII standard with the sole purpose of
upsetting programmers' sense of good taste and no-nonsense by wantonly
introducing funny characters into everyday written conversation. (Please
pardon the sarcastic note.)

Best regards,

Rickard