Re: [Nmh-workers] Conflict between "mime" command and attach

2013-12-12 21:59:23
Ken Hornstein writes:
It depends on priorities:  I'd rather be able to customize
an attachment than manually insert a simple Nmh-Attachment
header (I think that's the option you mention).  I've never
done that.

It's just that when I hear the word "customize", I ask the question:
"If you want to customize your MIME content, why aren't you just adding
a mhbuild directive to your draft?"  What are you customizing, exactly?

Also, the semantics behind:

Nmh-Attachment: foo.pdf

are clear to me as a casual user.

The semantics behind:

Nmh-Attachment: #application/pdf {attachment} foo.pdf

are less clear to me and requires me to parse the BNF in the mhbuild
man page.  Also, more to get wrong!  The only reason I want an
Nmh-Attachment header to cause a failure is from being unable to read
the file.

--Ken

I agree with Ken here.  I do want to point out that the attach command
reports an error if it can't attach a file.  So the only time you'd get
an error from send is if the file vanishes between the "at" and the "s".
Pretty small window.  Is this a real problem or just theoretical?

Jon