Re: [Nmh-workers] Conflict between "mime" command and attach

2013-12-12 22:51:16
Paul Fox writes:
jon wrote:
 > Ken Hornstein writes:
 > > >It depends on priorities:  I'd rather be able to customize
 > > >an attachment than manually insert a simple Nmh-Attachment
 > > >header (I think that's the option you mention).  I've never
 > > >done that.
 > >
 > > It's just that when I hear the word "customize", I ask the question:
 > > "If you want to customize your MIME content, why aren't you just adding
 > > a mhbuild directive to your draft?"  What are you customizing, exactly?
 > >
 > > Also, the semantics behind:
 > >
 > > Nmh-Attachment: foo.pdf
 > >
 > > are clear to me as a casual user.
 > >
 > > The semantics behind:
 > >
 > > Nmh-Attachment: #application/pdf {attachment} foo.pdf
 > >
 > > are less clear to me and requires me to parse the BNF in the mhbuild
 > > man page.  Also, more to get wrong!  The only reason I want an
 > > Nmh-Attachment header to cause a failure is from being unable to read
 > > the file.
 > >
 > > --Ken
 >
 > I agree with Ken here.  I do want to point out that the attach command
 > reports an error if it can't attach a file.  So the only time you'd get
 > an error from send is if the file vanishes between the "at" and the "s".
 > Pretty small window.  Is this a real problem or just theoretical?

ignorance speaking:  are whatnow and send guaranteed to run from the
same directory?  (this has bitten me with constructing mhbuild directives
in the editor with unqualified pathnames.)

paul

Attach puts in absolute path names.