Re: [Nmh-workers] Release engineering updates

2014-03-07 19:14:27

On Mar 7, 2014, at 4:57 PM, Jerrad Pierce <belg4mit(_at_)pthbb(_dot_)org> wrote:

What are the chances of including vpick in contribs, or some of the other
modern enhancements? Or do we want most of them to live separately?

At this point I think they can wait for 1.7.  We have stalled enough on
deciding what comprises 1.6.

I'll also take a crack at a guide to resources for customizing nmh next week,
I've been busy with three conferences this week. I'll have to write it in POD,
but it can be converted with pod2man.

We really try to adhere to an environment that sticks close to core UNIX.  Perl
doesn't fall into that realm.  Any documentation we ship needs to be in a
format that can be fed to [nt]roff.  (-man, -ms, -me).

If you aren't comfortable with *roff, I will volunteer to convert the POD bits
over.  Alternatively we can ship PDF and/or Postscript versions.  I like nroff,
though.  Grep loves the output so much more ;-)