Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.6 Release Engineering

2014-03-07 19:38:14

On Mar 7, 2014, at 5:31 PM, Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> wrote:

That's fine ... so what's wrong with the scheme we used for 1.5?

It was just a wee bit scatter-shot.  I'm looking for a more consistent naming
scheme.

What I suggest loosely follows the FreeBSD release model in their repo.  But we
use git, vs. their svn, so things don't map directly.

My concern is to have a cutoff point in the code base where we can definitively
say '1.6 starts here' and divorce it from 'lyndon just imported plan 9
support'.  I'm trying to work out a scheme that is very light weight, but makes
room for the heretics to carry on while the pedants try to ship a release.
(Being in both camps, I hate being ripped to shreds by the conflict!)