Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.6 Release Engineering

2014-03-07 19:54:03
More so, it was the '1.5' vs 1.5-RC*.  Git doesn't make clear the
distinctions between a tag and a branch.  Because git doesn't really
have a distinction between them.  What I'm proposing is a naming scheme
to help differentiate between the two.

One shows up under "git tag".  The other shows up under "git branch".
Assuming we do annotated tags, you can even use git cat-file to
distinguish between the two even easier.  I'm having a hard time
understanding the problem.

(The reason I am being a pain about this was that I thought I had a
reasonable naming scheme ALREADY in place for 1.5).