Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow display bug

2014-04-11 17:32:22
david wrote:
part       text/plain                1044
Paul rote:

i currently have this in my mh_profile:
 mhshow-charset-iso-8859-1: %s | /usr/bin/iconv -f ISO-8859-1 -t UTF-8 |
less

whether i need it currently or not (do i?  has the iconv conversion
been internalized?)

You shouldn't need that any more, depending on your locale:

  - If nmh was configured with iconv(3) support, mhshow will convert, if
    necessary, the charset of text/plain content to match the user's
    locale setting.

, it seems like it should still work.

Agreed.

but it seems the %s is being dropped, rather than expanded to
the message displayer command, leaving "| iconv" as the command
to be run.

i tried to figure this out, for a while, but got lost in
parse_display_string().  sorry.

It would be ct->c_termproc, I think, at the very end of
parse_display_string().  I'll look at it later this evening if you
don't beat me to it.

right.  i've now verified that InitText() is never being called, which
would have initialized ct->c_termproc.  so that means an initialization
of ct->c_ctinitfnx is being missed.  and now i really _am_ lost.  :-)

paul