Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow display bug

2014-04-11 22:54:17
right.  i've now verified that InitText() is never being called, which
would have initialized ct->c_termproc.  so that means an initialization
of ct->c_ctinitfnx is being missed.  and now i really _am_ lost.  :-)

How did you verify that InitText() was never called?  I set a breakpoint
for it and it is definitely being called for text parts, at least on the
messages I tested.

Same for me.  Your profile entry, Paul, looks like it works
properly for me.  I even inserted "tr '[a-z]' '[A-Z]'" in the
pipeline and it upper-cased the content.

Is your locale something like en_US.iso88591?  If so, the
check_charset() at the end of InitText() would pass, so
ct->c_termproc wouldn't be loaded.  If InitText() is in fact
called, that could explain what you're seeing.  But that
part of InitText() hasn't changed since 2008, and appears to
work as documented in the mhshow(1) man page.

parse_display_string() is new, but it mainly factors out two
bunches of nearly identical code.  It also has fixes to the
quoting of escape sequences.  It's handling of
ct->c_termproc should be identical to 1.5.

David