Re: [Nmh-workers] refile's -retainsequences switch

2014-04-21 12:10:45
I do it to change the order of the messages in a directory. This
motivates me to request a -retainsequences feature in other nmh commands
which change the order of the messages in a folder. I will do that in a
separate message.

Hm.  A quick code inspection suggests to me that things like sortm and
folder -pack should preserve sequence membership.  Really, anything that
uses copy_msg_flags() should.

Now there may be some cases where we don't set the right flags, so we
aren't telling seq_save() that the sequence file has been modified and
needs to be written out.  If that was quantified soon-ish, we could
get that bug fixed for the next 1.6 release candidate (hint, hint).