Re: [Nmh-workers] refile's -retainsequences switch

2014-04-21 13:07:09
sortm and folder -pack do indeed, for me at least under nmh-1.6-RC2 [,
preserve sequence membership. But, I fervently believe that they didn't a few
months ago. Maybe, it's a fix that got introduced with nmh-1.6 ?

Maybe ... although a quick look at the relevant revision history does
not show any change that stands out as fixing that.  Looking back, sortm
always set the SEQMOD flag in the folder structure (which causes the
sequences to get written out) and always took care to copy over the
relevant fields from old to new messages, even back in MH-6.8.5.  Maybe
we broke it a while ago, but if so it must have been something in the
backend library which caused the problem, and anyway it's fixed now.