Re: [Nmh-workers] new marker format broke test suite

2014-05-05 21:57:28
david has pointed out that my changes (only on the master branch) to
the part header line have broken many of the "make check" targets
that rely on the exact text of that line.

in particular, the old marker lines included the size of the part
being shown:
    part       text/plain                 18K
and the new marker lines do not:
    [ part  - text/plain -   ]

as far as i can tell, the size of the part isn't currently available
at all via mh-format, let alone in the "human friendly" format that
comes from list_content().  (list_content() produces the format you'll
see if you run mhlist on the message.)

i have a patch ready to push to master to make the tests match the
current code.  what i'm wondering, though, is whether folks instead
think that the mhshow marker format should grow the ability to produce
the previous output exactly (and if so, that output would likely
become the new default).

paul

david wrote:
Hi Paul,

The test suite now fails because of the change to the marker
format.  I don't have a preference as to whether we should
update the test suite or change the default.  But I did want
to ask what you intended.

Thanks,
David