Re: [Nmh-workers] new marker format broke test suite

2014-05-06 13:05:29
ken wrote:
 %(metric(size))

And that could be usable in scan formats and the like.  Not in love with
the function name, so other suggestions are welcome.

If you're not up for coding that, I could get to it, but it might be
a few days before it would be done.

i'll take a look at it.

There are comments at the beginning of fmt_compile.c which explain the
basics, so if you want to tackle it before me that should get you started.
To give you an idea, the functable entry for my proposed %(metric) function
would look something like:

      { "metric",     TF_EXPR,   FT_LS_METRIC,           0,  TFL_PUTS },

hmm.  referring to the comments in fmt_compile.h, i see that rather
than implementing a "modifies str" function, as above, i've done an
"outputs text" function, like so:

     { "metric",     TF_EXPR,   FT_METRIC,      0,              0 },

i guess i'm not sure why i'd choose one over the other.

paul