Re: [Nmh-workers] new marker format broke test suite

2014-05-06 12:57:59
but i was just sitting eating lunch, trying to decide how clever to be:
currently mhlist converts "2563123" bytes to "2503K", which i've always
found to be somewhat ugly -- i'd prefer a small number of M instead of a
large number of K. do we need to stick with that format?

I believe "no".  I agree it's nicer, and I see no reason to stick with
the original format exactly.

but if we don't, should the conversion use 1024 ("2.4M") or 1000
("2.6M") as the divisor? and of course that leads to MB vs.  MiB. and
how many digits should there be after the decimal? sigh.

I'm fine with 1000 as the divisor (that's what is done now, right?  No,
actually, I'm wrong; the divisor is >> 10).  So I guess 1024 is fine
as a divisor, actually ... I don't have strong feelings about that.
A single letter indicating the metric prefix is fine to me.