Re: [Nmh-workers] I like neither green eggs and ham nor MIME

2014-07-16 12:59:41
ASCII was good enough for my father and his father before him, and his father
before him. The tablets that Moses brought down from Mount Sinai, were in
ASCII, as were Newton's Principia, the Magna Carta, and the United States
Declaration of Independence.

I hate to be pedantic (okay, I don't really), but wouldn't the Tablets
of Stone have been written in a Hebrew script, and thus could have not
been represented in ASCII?  My only question is, did they use ISO-8859-8
or Unicode?

Also, I do not think you could accurately represent the Principia without
some of the mathematical symbols available in Unicode.  I mean, it's hard
to do a² + b² = c², or √-1 = i, or explain that π goes to ∞ in just ASCII.

MIME is a Communist, Fascist, Perverse, Papal, cabal work of the Devil, to
undermine all that is good, holy, just and right.

Meh ... that ship has sailed.  I was able receive an Portable Document
Format™ file in email, add an electronc signature to it, and send it back
all without having to waste any paper.  So it's not all bad.