Re: [Nmh-workers] I like neither green eggs and ham nor MIME

2014-07-16 13:43:51
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

I hate to be pedantic (okay, I don't really), but wouldn't the Tablets
of Stone have been written in a Hebrew script,

No. They were not. Before the advent of Mime, that came with the Tower of
Babel, all was was ASCII.

Also, I do not think you could accurately represent the Principia without
some of the mathematical symbols available in Unicode. I mean, it's hard to
do a� + b� = c�,

If Pythogorous could get along with ASCII so could Netwton:

      The sum of the areas of the two squares on the legs of a right triangle
      equals the area of the square on its hypotenuse

Newton did not know about limits. He was too smart to need them. Lesser genius
like Bolzano -> Cauchy invented them.

    Norman Shapiro