Re: [Nmh-workers] (no subject)

2014-08-07 12:38:33
Norm wrote:

But that only works when there IS a text/plain part. If there isn't,
mhshow soldiers on and pretends that there is one. That' not what I
want.

"mhfixmsg -reformat" will add a text/plain part, as long as your
mhn.defaults, profile, etc., has an mhfixmsg-format-text/html
entry.  mhn.defaults does if there's w3m, lynx, or elinks on
your system at nmh install time.

mhfixmsg can be used as a filter to mhshow if you don't want to
modify messages on disk.

As Jerrad has noted, it can also replace an existing text/plain
part, with -replacetextplain, because they are often lame or
even empty.  (And yes, Ralph, I have sent bug reports to a
certain airline, based in America, to fix their empty text/plain
parts :-)

David