Re: [Nmh-workers] Superfluous  's

2014-10-29 10:11:46
Norm wrote:
I don't particularly mind seeing the  Â 's. But they are a bit of a
nuisance when I select text and insert it into some file.

I will just have to get used to removing them. I could teach
norms-cool-editor to defaultly ignore them, or at least to not write them.
Maybe I will.

If it bothers you that much, use a script to put an http-equiv HTTP
header in. First a custom mhshow alias:
  alias xshow='MHSHOW=~/Mail/xshow.profile mhshow'

xshow.profile contains:
  mhshow-show-text/html: charset=%{charset}; ~/bin/browser ${charset:+-I
$charset} %F

And a rudimentary browser script follows below. Putting the <meta> tag
in right at the beginning is a bit dirty but basically works. The sleep
is there to be sure firefox has loaded the file before it gets deleted.

I also checked to see if firefox would honour the setting of a
user.charset extended attribute on the file. It doesn't but you might
find a browser that does.

Oliver

if [ "$1" = "-I" ]; then
  tmp=`mktemp --suffix=.html`
  {
    printf '<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=%s">'
"$2"
    cat "$3"
  } > $tmp
  trap INT "rm $tmp"