Re: [Nmh-workers] MH-W intro/help request

2014-12-04 20:52:20
I wonder if the two calls are a problem with disk caching.  Though
at some point a folder will get big enough to blow the cache.

It seems, from what we're hearing, that the caching doesn't help as much
as we'd hope.  The real problem seems to be the number of system calls
to getdents() because the readdir() buffer size is fixed at 32K.  In a
perfect world readdir() would figure out how big the directory is and
pick an appropriate buffer size.  Or just something bigger than 32K.

I'm not fond of -fulllock, but it does shorten to -fu.

Ha!  I missed that.  I'll try to come up with something better.