Re: [Nmh-workers] MH-W intro/help request

2014-12-04 21:14:22
Ken wrote:

It seems, from what we're hearing, that the caching doesn't help as
much as we'd hope.  The real problem seems to be the number of
system calls to getdents() because the readdir() buffer size is
fixed at 32K.

Oh yeah, Ralph brought this up last New Year's eve.
I guess my cache holds less than a year of nmh-workers
messages.

I'm not fond of -fulllock, but it does shorten to -fu.

Ha!  I missed that.  I'll try to come up with something better.

Actually, I like it :-)

David