Re: [Nmh-workers] Multi-homed postproc, v2

2015-03-05 21:47:55
Ken wrote:

... maybe?  It's always done it that way, even back in the original
MH.  No one noticed until now.

My guess is that there aren't that many custom postprocs
in the wild.  And who knows what's in them.

Have the interface to post(8), and thus postproc, include the
`file' parameter as an environment variable as well.  True, this
means post has two places to get the data, but it also keeps simple
filter scripts simple.

Seems reasonable to me; any objections?

I'm not a fan of environment variables, especially when they're
not really needed.  And one place to get the data is better than
two.

Though I still think it should be the last argument, otherwise
every postproc author has to solve the same problem.

I don't have strong feelings about this one; thoughts from others?
Fixing it is a simple change.

I agree with Ralph.  Putting the filename last is the best fix.

David