Re: [Nmh-workers] Multi-homed postproc, v2

2015-03-05 21:39:30
Where "N" was the file descriptor to write the annotation to; my
previous iteration assumed the last argument to post was the filename.

This is Unix, not GNU and it's brain-damanged `rm / -rf'.  Isn't it a
bug that sendaux() appends ["-idanno", "42"] after the draft's filename?

... maybe?  It's always done it that way, even back in the original MH.
No one noticed until now.

Have the interface to post(8), and thus postproc, include the `file'
parameter as an environment variable as well.  True, this means post has
two places to get the data, but it also keeps simple filter scripts
simple.

Seems reasonable to me; any objections?  I thought maybe there was one
already, and a mhdraft environment variable IS set, but only when using
whatnow; really, we want one guaranteed to exist all of the time between
send and post.

Though I still think it should be the last argument, otherwise every
postproc author has to solve the same problem.

I don't have strong feelings about this one; thoughts from others?
Fixing it is a simple change.