Re: [Nmh-workers] Multi-homed postproc, v2

2015-03-09 23:18:09
On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 11:49:12 +0000 Ralph Corderoy <ralph@inputplus.co.uk> sez:

Hi Ken,

Though I still think it should be the last argument,
otherwise every postproc author has to solve the same
problem.

I don't have strong feelings about this one; thoughts from
others?  Fixing it is a simple change.

I never even knew this was a possibility.  I've always put the
filename last.  I'm definitely in favor of limiting it this way.
Hopefully nobody has created a script that depends on this level
of flexibility.  B-)  (It's highly likely that anyone using a
custom postproc wrote it.  Is there some way to warn such users
and prevent post(8) from completing, so that they can update
their postproc without losing their draft or the draft being
incorrectly post(8)-ed?)

I also find
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/nmh.git/tree/man/post.man#n10
confusing in that it ends

    [-notls] file [-version] [-help]

Assuming -version and -help have post exit before doing
anything else, a more comman man page arrangement might be

    post ... [-notls] file
    post -version
    post -help

This would make clear the one single file is the large argument
in the common case.

+1!

                                Bob