Re: [Nmh-workers] Multi-homed postproc, v2

2015-03-11 04:22:16
[Sorry about that previous post.  I was playing with the
 postproc script.]

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 07:26:10 -0000 Ralph Corderoy
<ralph(_at_)inputplus(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> sez:

Hi Bob,

  if scan -format '%{to} %{cc} %{bcc} %{dcc}' "$draftname" | grep -iqs
@stanford.edu; then

Ah, right!  Trying too hard to make NMH do all the lifting.

If you do that, you might want to tighten the regexp, e.g.

    scan -format '%{to},%{cc},%{bcc},%{dcc},' "$draftname" |
    grep -iq '@stanford\.edu[>,]'

noting the trailing comma in scan's format.

Thanks for that suggestion!  My regex is a little more complicated
because I'm trying to catch not only @stanford.edu but hosts of
the form @xyz.stanford.edu, where "xyz" can be some hosts but not
others (apparently there are different anti-spam policies).  But I
can use this!

That said, there is one problem with this script:  apparently MH
aliases are expanded *after* this script is invoked.  I emailed
someone that I have aliased, so that in my draft it is

     To:  foobar

and in my aliases file it expands based on the entry

     foobar:  foobar(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu

But the script only sees "foobar" and not the expanded address.

Any suggestions?

                                Bob