Re: [Nmh-workers] Multi-homed postproc, v2

2015-03-10 16:31:38
On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 10:31:19 -0400 Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>
sez:

Thanks for the proposed localpostproc, Ken!
looping mechanism -- or, at least, a "there-exists" mechanism.
I need something that checks the recipients' host(s), which
means potentially checking more than 1 string.  The pseudo-code
would be roughly

    if @.*stanford.edu in {%(host{to}), %(host{cc}), %(host{bcc})}
        postflags=""
    else
        postflags="-server smtp.gmail.com -port submission -tls -sasl -user
dnc2dnc"

I think you're overthinking it.  I used %(host), because I
wanted to extract out something that would be in a case
statement, but you have the entire power of the shell; you
could easily do something like this:

  if scan -format '%{to} %{cc} %{bcc} %{dcc}' "$draftname" | grep -iqs
@stanford.edu; then
      ... set for stanford ...
  else
      ... set for everything else ...
  fi

Well, you might want to change that grep, but you get the idea.
I know, the issue with things like %(host) only working on one
address is a pain; I am unsure how to solve that.

Ah, right!  Trying too hard to make NMH do all the lifting.

Thanks for splashing some cold shell water on me!  B-)

                                Bob