Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh architecture discussion: format engine character set

2015-08-11 11:28:53
On the output side, we just have to do the best we can if characters in
the input locale can't be represented in the output locale.  This is
independent of the internal representation.

Well, this works great if your locale is UTF-8.  But ... what happens
if your email address contains UTF-8, and your locale setting is
ISO-8859-1?

Let me expand on this a bit, because I didn't explain it well.
Obviously if your locale is ISO-8859-1, you probably won't have an email
address that contains UTF-8.  But ... what if you get an email with
a 'From' address that contains UTF-8, , and you want to reply to it?
Right now convert stuff to the local character set when constructing the
reply draft; we can't do that here!