Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh architecture discussion: format engine character set

2015-08-12 13:19:20
Hi Ken,

Any chance you can add a References header?  Only the lack of it is
breaking my funky mkdir/tree(1)-based threading.  :-)

Huh, I'm not?  I guess I was under the impression that if you didn't
have one, you could use In-Reply-To.

I think that's true, but I didn't/haven't bothered coding for that
eventuality so I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Hm, I thought they were the same, but I guess they're not, are they?

No.

Looks like the References header includes previous Message-IDs.

Yes, handy when one doesn't have the whole thread, say.

I'll work on updating my wacky replcomps, but will manually include
one in the short term.

My wacky replgroupcomps has

    %; Make References: and In-reply-to: fields for threading.
    %; Use (void), (trim) and (putstr) to eat trailing whitespace.
    %;
    %<{message-id}In-reply-to: %{message-id}\n%>\
    %<{message-id}References: \
    %<{references}%(void{references})%(trim)%(putstr) %>\
    %(void{message-id})%(trim)%(putstr)\n%>\

Cheers, Ralph.