Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh architecture discussion: format engine character set

2015-08-12 13:03:12
It appears the basic processing model is a pipeline:

 Raw -> [Encoder] -> UTF8 -> [Processor] -> UTF8 -> [Encoder] -> Output

I understand where you're coming from ... but it's not that simple.

We're going to a point where UTF-8 is going to appear in email
addresses.  That's technically allowed today under the new RFCs.  The
problem then becomes "Okay, 'Output' in the above stage needs to be
'Input' when doing message replies.  How, exactly, do we do that?"
It's not just a matter of slapping a pipe to iconv on the end of every
command.