Re: [Nmh-workers] repl doesn't like return address

2015-09-02 11:22:56
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

That means your From: (and my From:...) should not have been generated
anymore, because we have two unquoted words in front of the angle-addr?

Ralph didn't include the full RFC grammar, but here are the rules in
relatively plain English:

- A "modern" email address is an optional 'display-name' followed by an
  email address surrounded by angle brackets (<>).
- A 'display-name' is really a 'phrase'
- A 'phrase' is one or more 'word' (or an 'obs-phrase', obsolete phrase).

Ok, I misunderstood the 1* then.  Thanks for the explanation. :)

--
Christian Neukirchen  <chneukirchen(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
http://chneukirchen.org