Re: [Nmh-workers] repl doesn't like return address

2015-09-02 12:44:12
Hi Ken,

So ... any MUA that generates an obs-phrase is NOT RFC-compliant, but
any MUA that doesn't interpret it is ALSO not RFC-compliant.  So we
can't really complain to others about RFC violations when we're not
RFC compliant.

Course we can.  We don't have to tell them we're having trouble.
Perhaps there are spam rankers out there that penalise such blatant RFC
5322 violations and we're doing them a favour.

I took a look at our email parser (it's in sbr/mf.c, and boy, does
that filename seem appropriate now, because that's what I shouted when
I was reading it).  I am unclear how it works at all for the trailing
'.' case,

Perhaps

    366          case LX_DOT:    /* sigh (1) */
    367              pers = add (".", pers);
    368              goto more_phrase;

Cheers, Ralph.