Re: [Nmh-workers] problem compiling nmh 1.6 on linux gentoo

2015-11-29 13:08:07
I did a make clean because I wanted to remove all the object files to
compile with possibly different shared libraries -- when trying to use
nmh after an update this morning, it could not load some shared library
and so I thought to do make clean and then ./configure and then make,
but I guess for your software that is not correct.

I'm trying to understand the sequence here, because this is confusing.
You _had_ a working 1.6 tree, but it broke because of an upgrade on your
side?  That wasn't really explained.  I can understand doing a 'make clean'
in that case, but it first sounded like you downloaded the tar file,
ran configure, make clean, make.