Re: [Nmh-workers] base64 ... just looking for advice

2016-02-22 07:44:16
Ken wrote:

according to the RFCs (see RFC 2046, §4.1.1, paragraph 1).

Now, should mhfixmsg correct that?  Weeelll ... good question.  The
reason it is happening is because our MIME parser is now doing the
'right' thing, and essentially the whole message is being regenerated.
Fixing that would involve telling the base64 parser to not perform the
line ending translation for (some) text parts.  Part of me sees the
point about not modifying parts of messages you haven't told it to, but
a (larger) part of me thinks: seriously?

mhfixmsg currently strips CRs out of text parts that it's decoding,  which is
wrong.  I'll fix that, with default behavior.  But I plan to add an option to
strip/not add CRs.

David