Re: [Nmh-workers] Maybe time for a new release?

2016-03-08 20:32:06

On Mar 8, 2016, at 4:58 PM, Paul Vixie <paul(_at_)redbarn(_dot_)org> wrote:

another solution proposed would write defanged/decoded content into files
that are stored alongside the original (as received in SMTP) content. some
new option to "folder" or "sortm" could generate these for older mhdirs,
whereas inc and rcvstore would just write both forms.

upas in plan9 solved that ages ago, and it's wonderful.  but it will *never*
port to unix.  the best we can hope for is to turn the message file into the
closest approximation of 'grep-able' text as we can.

--lyndon