Re: [Nmh-workers] Maybe time for a new release?

2016-03-11 12:02:34
David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> writes:
Norm wrote:

The bulk of the non-spam mail I receive still has a utf-8 or a
quotedPrintabl e part. I would like to apply UNIX text processing tools
(grep, wc, sort, uniq, perl, etc) to these messages. It would be nice if the
next release made that reasonably easily possible.

That's the main motivation for mhfixmsg.  The man page describes it in detail,
esp. with the new EXAMPLES that I posted earlier.  If you have any questions,
please let us/me know.

I am terribly sorry to be so dense, but none of your examples do it for
me.  Suppose that I know that the current message in the current folder
has a part which is either  utf-8 or a quotedPrintable and that
I want to output to stdout all the lines of that part that contain the
string "family".  What command go I feed into 'grep family"?

    Norman Shapiro